With a game as intricate and awe-inspiring as Starfield, it’s only natural that there will be a multitude of mods. One such mod, the Starfield Script Extender (SFSE), enhances the game’s preexisting script by incorporating additional functions through fresh lines of code.
The SFSE mod serves as a scripting utility that empowers modders to introduce fresh items, animations, and models into the game. Familiarity with obtaining and utilizing this tool is imperative for modders looking to craft and utilize mods effectively.
How to download and install Starfield Script Extender Mod
Acquiring and installing the SFSE Mod is a straightforward process, though it’s worth noting that it’s currently exclusive to the Steam version of the game, with no availability for Xbox. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. To download the Starfield Script Extender Mod, visit the Nexus Mods website and locate the Script Extender Mod. Before initiating the download, make sure to create a Nexus Mods account.
2. After downloading the SFSE mod, navigate to your Downloads folder. Extracting it is as simple as using any standard extraction tool, such as WinRAR or 7-Zip.
3. Next, you’ll want to copy the extracted files. Specifically, focus on the files with .dll and .exe extensions at the end.
4. Paste these files into your Starfield folder. To access the Starfield folder, follow this directory path: C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Starfield.
5. With the files successfully pasted, launch the sfse_loader.exe. This executable will initiate Starfield with the newly installed mod now activated and ready to go.
Install SFSE using Vortex Mod Manager
If you do not wish to download the mod manually and want to take the easy way, you can use Vortex mod manager. Vortex makes installing mods as easy as just clicking a button.
Once it is done, you can simply go to the Nexus Mods website, look for the Starfield Script Extender mod, click on the Vortex Download option, and your work will be done for you.