If you are looking for how to fix Fall Guys error code 200_001, you have come to the right place!
Unfortunately, with the advent of new platforms and players, a lot of new problems have appeared. They are mainly related to network and server issues. One such annoying problem is error 200_001, which is accompanied by the message: “Epic Online Services returned an error.” In this guide, we will explain how to fix Fall Guys error 200_001.
How to fix error 200_001 Fall Guys
This bug is related to the game’s online features and prevents players from connecting to Fall Guys servers. Before trying more advanced methods to fix this problem, let’s first try some standard steps.
- Sign out of Epic Games and then sign back in a few times. This may be enough to solve the problem.
- Check if your internet connection is working properly by testing other online games and their online features.
- Reboot your network equipment (modem or router) by turning it off for a couple of minutes and then turning it back on.
- Whitelist the Fall Guys in your antivirus and firewall applications. So that they do not interfere with the game to connect to the servers.
- Disable any unnecessary third-party applications as they may cause conflicts.
Check out the Fall Guys files
If none of the solutions above worked for you, the next thing you should do is try to verify the game files. You can do this through the EGS launcher. Here’s how:
- Run the EGS launcher.
- Find Fall Guys in your library.
- Click on the icon with three dots.
- Select “Manage” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “CHECK” button.
- Leave the launcher to check files.
Reset your DNS
Sometimes connection issues like 200_001 can be fixed by clearing the DNS cache. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Windows search and type “cmd”.
- A command prompt will open, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
- Type “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
- Close command prompt and restart your computer.
If after all these steps you are still having problems connecting to Fall Guys and you are still getting error code 200_001 with the message “Epic Online Services returned an error”, the problem might not be on your side. In this case, check if the Fall Guys servers are crashing and just wait for a while until it is fixed by the developers.