Fortnite Update Version 11.40 Patch Notes For PS4 Xbox One PC Full Details Here 2020
FORTNITE fans can download update 11.40 for server maintenance, as the game goes offline on PS4, Xbox One, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
UPDATE 2: Fortnite developer Epic Games confirmed the game will be back online after 11.40 update.
“Downtime is over for v11.40!” confirms Epic. “Check out the updates on our News page for what’s new in every game mode.” The news page shows more about side scoring, which can be used in non-competitive playlists. As Epic points out, when side grading, players can take advantage of the reduced material costs.
It has been announced elsewhere that clickable thumbstick buttons (L3 and R3) are now available oniOS controllers that are supported.
UPDATE: Fortnite developer Epic Games has released Battle Royale with a new Sidegrading app.
Sidegrading allows players to “use the upgrade stations to convert the AR to a powerful AR,” according to the in-game newsfeed.
More to read on from…
ORIGINAL: Fortnite maker Epic Games took Battle Royale offline to do some much-needed maintenance, and release 11.40 update.
The big new Fortnite update will make wholesale changes to Battle Royale and Save the World-the first of its kind for weeks.
PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android users can download the update right now, for maintenance just moments after the game goes down.
Fortnite update 11.40 has been announced on Twitter by Epic Games, along with plans to take the game offline for server maintenance.
“Hey, everybody! v11.40-tomorrow. Downtime for the patch begins at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC). Stay tuned for updates when downtime ends.” As the first update in quite some time, server maintenance is likely to last for a few hours, meaning the game will return online at about 11 am UK time.
There’s no news about whether Epic will add new items or make any major adjustments to the world, although it seems possible that with Chapter 2, Season 1 coming to an end.
Yes, in the build up to the next chapter, Epic is expected to hold an end-of-season celebration, so expect some big leaks to come your way.
Meanwhile you can check out the version 11.40 patch notes below for the early update.
Fortnite version 11.40 update early patch notes in full…
• Introducing Sidegrading: the Heavy Assault Rifle returns
• In non-competitive playlists, you can now use Upgrade Machines to “Sidegrade” your Assault Rifle into a Heavy Assault Rifle
• Reduced material costs for upgrading weapons at Upgrade Machines
• Added the following items to Battle Lab:
– Flint-Knock Pistol (Common and Uncommon)
– Shockwave Grenade
– Impulse Grenade
• The iPad Pro (2018 release) now supports 120 FPS
• Clickable thumbstick buttons (L3 and R3) are now usable on supported iOS controllers
• Unable to go through gifting process
– Players on consoles may get stuck and unable to progress through gifting process if they do not have 2-Factor Authentication
• Unable to select traps with a controller when ‘Pick up’ indicator is on-screen (future update)
– Players may be unable to select traps with a controller when the ‘Pick up’ indicator is on-screen
• Overtime Challenge “Visit different bus stops” not tracking for all bus stops
– Not all bus stops count towards completion of the “Visit different bus stops” Overtime Challenge – Remedy vs Toxin
• Quick Bar inadvertently defaulted off on consoles/PC
– We’re aware of an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on consoles and PC
Fortnite update 11.40 patch notes continued…
• Star Wars Legacy entries disappeared
– Players’ Star Wars Legacy entries have disappeared
• “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction remap
– After direction is remapped from a non-“F” key to the “F” key, the key may not allow for proper movement
• Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode
– Editing quickly can cause players to remain in Edit mode, even if they’re not editing anything
• Sniper Rifle crosshairs may disappear when players fall into a Hideout
– Falling into a Hideout (haybale, dumpster, port-a-potty) while holding a Sniper Rifle may cause the crosshairs to disappear