Fortnite is a famous battle royale game available on almost all platforms. Despite the high popularity of the game among users, it cannot be said that it is stable. Fortnite is also widely known for its frequent server crashes and errors that occur during matches. While this is mostly due to the user side, there is still a good chance that the game itself is to blame. In any case, recently players have been reporting Matchmaking Error #1 appearing in the game . If you are facing this issue, then here are some ways to fix Matchmaking Error #1 in Fortnite.
This specific bug prevents players from participating in an online match. The main warning could be something else, but if it happens while you’re waiting for new players in a battle royale mode, then it’s almost certainly a matchmaking error. Now let’s look at a few workarounds that will help fix the situation.
Fortnite Matchmaking Error #1: What to do?
Although there is no official fix for this issue, you can try the following possible solutions to the problem as they are reported to fix the issue permanently.
This is a simple solution that does not require tampering with hidden game files or the system. You just need to change the default region of the game to another, and this will fix the problem in most cases. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open the Fortnite main menu by clicking on the menu button in the top right corner.
- Now click on the Settings icon.
- After that, select the Game tab and find the Language and Region section.
- Here the first item will be “Selection region”. Either set it to Auto or select any of the available regions other than the one already selected.
- Then apply the changes and run matchmaking again. The error should disappear.
Note: Moving to a region other than the one closest to your geographic location may result in high ping. So don’t forget about it.
Check the game files
It is also possible that the game files are corrupted, which is causing this issue. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher, or go to the Home screen if you’re already there.
- Open your Library, which will list all the games available to you.
- Find Fortnite and click on the three small dots to the right of it.
- In the small pop-up window, select Manage.
- A large window will appear. Select Check, which is the first option in most cases.
- Now wait for the process to complete. Then launch the game and check if matchmaking works.
Fortnite Server Status
In some rare cases, the game server itself may be down due to technical reasons. To check this, you can follow this link , which will redirect you to the Fortnite status page. Check the latest message; if it says that the server is not working, then all you can do is wait until it is fixed. If that doesn’t help, then this link will come in handy . This is the official Fortnite status site that lists which servers are currently running.
If you are using a VPN for gaming, be sure to disable it. VPNs are notorious for causing problems with game clients connecting to game servers, leading to various issues. Therefore, to avoid such situations, disable them if they exist.
Below is a list of common workarounds that may also help resolve the #1 matchmaking bug:
- Reboot the system running Fortnite. A simple restart can do wonders in fixing such problems.
- Check if your internet is stable. Just open your browser and browse a few sites. You can also test your network speed by visiting third-party speed testing sites. If your Internet connection is unstable, switch to Ethernet or use a different connection.
- Update the game to the latest version. Having an outdated client can cause a number of problems when playing online, so it is recommended to update Fortnite regularly.
- Try logging into the game with a different account. It’s possible that your current ID has been locked in the shadows and that’s why you can’t join other players.
- Change the group leader. Your presenter may have communication problems. So switch to a player who has a better internet connection and then check if the problem persists.
Well, now you know how to solve this Fortnite matchmaking problem .